Standards of driving in the UK are shocking. I wonder how people managed to pass their driving tests, the incompetence on display really is that bad. I honestly believe that there are too many cars on the road. How on earth can this be allowed, you may ask yourself? Well, I ask myself that, and I've come to this conclusion; cars are enormous revenue earners for the government. VAT on new car sales and other necessities, road tax, tax on fuel, it all adds up. Why spend money on a working public transport system when people can be given their own vehicles which fill up the coffers? It's a no-brainer.
But is it right?
Today, I've almost had the front end of my car taken off by people who "need to drive for their living". AKA White Van Men. Give way line? You'll come out worse than I will, mate. On top of that, I've waited, unnecessarily at roundabouts, because you apparently don't have to use indicators these days. I believe all new cars are fitted with telepathy. Or something. As for the white lines in the middle of the road, that's not to separate traffic, it's a guiding line one must follow. If my driving instructor is still alive, he wouldn't be if he'd seen what I had seen.
Thank goodness for the weekend and wine. No more driving for me, today....
No comments:
Post a Comment