Publicans are seeing fewer customers. Apparently.
It's all because smokers have to go outside to have a fag. Apparently.
It appears to have escaped the notice of these publicans that we're in the middle of an economic downturn. They have failed to register the simple fact that I can buy alcohol cheaper in my local supermarket. They have also ignored the fact that by drinking said supermarket bought wine at home, I don't have to pay a taxi driver an extortionate amount of money to get from their pub back to my house. On top of this, the last time I went out in the city centre, it was full of ignorant, drunk fools, who were spoiling for a fight. Male and female. I also found the places mentioned in the article overcrowded. Despite all the poor smokers not going out these days. I would hate to think how many more people these pubs want in their establishments.
So forgive me if I say that smoking in pubs is not going to see the crowds flocking back to your overpriced, surprisingly overcrowded hell holes.
Oh, and Pin Gil; wtf?
"It is unfair for our customers to have to stand on the street smoking. It is also unfair on people passing on the street to have smoke blown in their faces."
But it's fair for non-smokers to have to sit in it? Seriously?
No comments:
Post a Comment