Friday, October 21, 2011

Leics Police Celebrate Falling Crime Rates

Today, the local Constabulary is slapping itself on it's metaphorical back.


Before joining in with the plaudits, I may be being cynical, but I do have the following questions:

  • How many cautions have been issued in the 12 months in question?
  • Similarly, how many fixed penalty notices have been issued?
  • How many crimes have been "downgraded" so that they are not "notifiable"?
  • How many Crime Related Incidents were reported but not included?
  • How many incidents were reported to the Police, but they didn't turn up in time to deal with the incident effectively? 
  • What are the British Crime Survey results for the county during the same period?
  • How many recordable offences haven't been reported to the Police?

Obviously the answers to some questions will be harder to answer than others, but had the figures increased, I can see the headlines telling us all that the Police are reacting more quickly to incidents, and that the Force is working harder than ever to identify and bring criminals to justice.

But, as I say, I may be being cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment