Thursday, July 08, 2010

Leicestershire's children are the laziest in the country

According to the Leicester Mercury today.  Following on from last week's posting, it would seem that the culture of driving kids to school is more than prevalent, despite what parents would like the rest of us to think.  With the school holidays around the corner, it will be interesting to see if certain roads continue to be a nightmare at certain times of the day. History suggests that they won't; I don't see this summer being any different....


I walked into the neighbouring village last week, which according to Google maps was just over a mile. I must admit, the sunshine made it a nice walk, but it certainly didn't feel that far. The purpose of my trip was to get my haircut, and out of principle as much as the chance to enjoy the sunshine, there was no way I was going to drive. I had the misfortune of passing the local primary school at chucking out time. The selfishness of some of the parents shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. Looking at some of the parents, it looks like they could do with leaving the car at home and walking, as well as their podgy offspring....

No comments:

Post a Comment