Oh dear, I've ripped off a previous title; but nothing else seems appropriate.
Almost 40% of Leicestershire's firefighters failed a fitness test at the first attempt. Of those, 35% managed to pass second time around. Their union rep has said that the reason for the failure is because the standard has been set "too high". Apparently some "really fit" firefighters have failed the test. Based on that logic, some really unfit firefighters have passed the test. Or maybe they just blagged it. I'm surprised he didn't go further and suggest that the wrong sort of test was being used.
In an attempt to overcome this, failures are being given advice on nutrition and exercise. Perhaps those "really fit" firefighters are doing the wrong kind of exercise? Or eating the wrong kind of healthy food? Or perhaps, just maybe, they are doing the typical thing of overestimating their own fitness? It's human nature, after all. No really, it was just the one kebab. Honest, guv.
If I was ever trapped in a burning building, aside from the jokes about being rescued by a hunky man in uniform, I would be distraught to see a lard arse struggling to come to my rescue. But that could just be me.
No comments:
Post a Comment